15 best gloves for heavy bag
Heavy bags are a great way to experience the benefits of boxing without putting yourself in any real danger. They mimic the weight of a person while cushioning the blow of hard punches. They’re versatile and generally pretty portable, allowing guys to incorporate them into a man cave or backyard.
Whether you are a novice looking to get ripped or an experienced boxer with loads of experience, gloves are a must-have accessory.
Your hands are an important part of boxing and are at high risk for injury. Without a pair of gloves, your hands will be subjected to a high amount of force and damage. Gloves will keep you protected, regardless of how experienced you are at boxing.
However, it’s not always easy finding the best gloves for heavy bag that suit you best. While it may seem cut and dry, you’ll find that there are numerous different gloves out on the market. They all have their own specifications and names, making the selection process a bit confusing to those who aren’t experienced.
It is important to understand what types of boxing gloves are available and what makes them different. The knowledge will let you choose a pair that works with your hands and your needs. With the right gloves, you can take full advantage of the boxing bag to improve your strength, endurance, and agility.
In this feature we review some of the best gloves for heavy bag in the market today.
Best gloves for heavy bag review
Everlast Pro Training gloves
- C4 Foam Technology maximizes your grip and punching power while providing increased cushioning & support. Ideal for sparring, heavy bag workouts, and mitt work
- C4 Foam Technology maximizes your grip and punching power while providing increased cushioning & support|ProTex3 wrist Stabilization Technology System for superior tri-collar support panel|NULL|Improved curved anatomical grip & fit|
Everlast has been a big name in the boxing world for many years. They’re now one of the most widely known USA boxing brands, with gear lines for boxing, mixed martial arts, and fitness-related sporting goods. It goes without saying that they make some of the best gloves for heavy bag.
These gloves are fairly average in size compared to other gloves, however, the finger compartment seems a bit shorter than some other gloves.
The padding is distributed evenly all over, including an amount around the ‘shielded’ section of the wrist. This has its benefits for blocking and wrist support, but at the same time means the gloves don’t have as much protection around the knuckles as they could.
The Pro training gloves have a rather unique style, which makes these gloves stand out. This is because of the ‘shield’ section on the back of the wrist. Some of the colour combinations are brighter than others, however, we’re sure everybody will be able to find a colour choice which suits them.
The gloves are made with synthetic leather. The material has a nice, smooth finish to it, but is quite noticeably synthetic when touched. The internal material is a little bit stiff when new, but softens up slightly after some good use. This can be a bit annoying around the fingers to start with; however, with hand wraps on isn’t a problem otherwise.Check Price and Review
- large velcro enclosure with elastic for a perfectly safe customized fit
The Venum Challenger Gloves are among the best gloves for heavy bag for all fighters at any level.
Designed with a triple density foam padding, top hand protection, and a large Velcro wrist strap, keeps your hands locked and loaded to pack a powerful punch.
The quality of PU leather construction delivers greater durability for high-performance usage. Triple density foam meanwhile provides unparalleled shock absorption, protecting your hands and extending your training time.
The signature embossed Venum logo and vibrant colours of the Venum Challenger Gloves give them a signature cool bad-ass look.
Designed in Thailand, home of the finest quality fight gear, the Venum Challenger Gloves are the most perfect pair of gloves at an affordable price.
A large velcro enclosure with elastic provides a secure fit and support for intense training sessions. A curved anatomical design with reinforced palms and fully attached thumbs ensures safer striking.Check Price and Review
RDX boxing gloves
- Maya Hide leather construction makes RDX boxing gloves stubbornly durable and long-lasting. Ego gloves stands undisputed victor of the all-inclusive, hard-hitting, training and working out. Material is resistant to cracks, tear or splits
- Extra thick padding protects your hands and attached thumb. Highly dense padding is implacable for athletes indulged into Muay Thai, Kickboxing, and contact sports.
- Extra-long Quick EZ Hook-and-Loop offers superior wrist-support and a comfortable fit. The strap allows for a bit more wrist movement, and keeps your wrists aligned while striking.
- S.P.P technology provides natural airing and decreases sweat while you train. Perforated holes in the palm helps in shrinking unpleasant aroma and keeps your palms dry and comfortable.
- Quadro-Dome technology is far too effective than the layered-foam conventional boxing gloves, this technology seeks to provide eventual protection. It assists in natural alignment when striking, maintains stable wrist and thumb position.
This selection from RDX uses thick layers of gel to create an individualized fit. The gloves use strategically placed layers of gel. This includes a pliable gel section inside the hand.
As the hand is inserted into the glove, it wraps around this gel section to protect the inner hand during impact. Additional layers are then wrapped around the hand.
The layers around the fingers and knuckles are thicker than around the wrist to ensure that the most vulnerable part of the hand is protected.
The outside of the gloves is made from full-grain cow leather. The superior leather is durable enough to take gruelling punches without stressing. The closure strap wraps around the entire wrist.
It is fully adjustable to any size wrist, allowing you to create a tight fit. With a rugged and stylish design, these gloves are sure to fit into your boxing routine.
Without a doubt one of the best gloves for heavy bag you can find.Check Price and Review
Hayabusa S4 Boxing gloves
- SUPPORT YOU CAN TRUST: Your S4 boxing gloves are ideal for training (bag work/mitt work) fitness boxing and combat fitness. Constructed with foam that contours to the natural curvature of your hand for proper fist closure and shock absorption. Its single splint design supports and aligns your wrists, helping you throw proper, powerful punches.
- THE PERFECT FIT: The pre-curved anatomical pocket with grip bar and proper thumb position ensures correct fist closure and alignment while delivering the most comfortable fit on the market. Sizes 10 oz 12 oz, 14 oz, and 16 oz.
- CLOSURE SYSTEM: The fully adjustable single velcro strap provides a secure fit when paired with the additional splint wrist support found in S4.
- MATERIAL/DURABILITY: PU leather construction, nylon lining, and its mesh palm ensure the S4 will stand up to high-intensity workouts week after week, month after month.
- PACKAGE CONTENTS: 1 pair of S4 Boxing Gloves, 1 pair of 180 inch Hand Wraps, and 1 Hand Wrap Wash Bag. S4 is perfect for training, sparring, kickboxing, combat sports, taekwondo, kickboxing, MMA, muay thai, and martial arts.
As one of the most expensive options on this list, the Hayabusa Tokushu gloves are unique in both design and build. They were specially designed with University research to maximize performance while providing superior protection.
The unique technology within the glove skillfully absorbs impact. Its distinct splint system keeps the wrist and hand aligned which makes the most out of every punch and reduces the chance of injury.
The lining is made from a carbonized bamboo that regulates temperature and has a deodorizing quality.
The outside is made from engineered leather Vylar that is not only incredibly durable, but it also increases punching power.
The dual closure system provides the best fit while keeping the wrist in a safe position. With a selection of unique colours and designs available, these gloves are a unique choice that will help you punch like you never have before. Definitely one of the best gloves for hard bag for most high-level professionals.Check Price and Review
FairTex Microfibre boxing gloves
- Ergonomically engineered with a unique contoured and tight-fit hand compartment designed to provide a secure and snug fit.
- Constructed of premium leather with the Fairtex foam system for excellent hand and knuckle protection and shock disbursement.
- Genuine leather gloves with vectro straps.
- All-purpose boxing gloves and Tight fit design.
- Handmade in Thailand. Size: 8 - 16 oz.
The FairTex Microfiber boxing glove is a great all-rounder boxing glove. You can use this glove to train Muay Thai, MMA and Boxing to great effect. Not having to constantly change gloves as you switch between specific focuses and disciplines.
You can choose from four different sizes/weights; 10oz, 12oz, 14oz and 16oz and Fairtex claims that this glove has a tighter fit than that of their competitors.
It’s best to choose the 16oz if you plan on doing heavy sparring or have particularly big hands and only vie for the lower weights if you’re either smaller, female or plan on using the gloves for heavy bag-work/non-contact sparring.
Fairtex offers a wide variety of over ten design choices, including solid colours like black, white and red, etc. But there is also a nice dark cloud design as well as flag designs for different countries.
Each glove is handmade in Thailand, the homeland of Muay Thai. You can expect each and every glove to have been made with exceptional care, grace and knowledge by Fairtex’s master craftsman. Fairtex is known for having strict quality control and regulations so each glove is as good as can be. Definitely among the best gloves for heavy bag today.
There is a solid grip bar inside the glove that you can clench tightly when striking. This allows you to better make a fist inside the glove as well as preventing your hands from taking damage and accruing injuries. Despite the tighter fit, you should be able to wear your corresponding weight and size with hand-wraps and still be comfortable.Check Price and Review
Title Boxing gloves
- All-leather outer
- Special hand compartment lining for cool, dry and comfortable wear
- Wraparound adjustable wrist strap
- Approx. 16 oz.
These gloves boast high-quality materials and excellent protection. They are designed to work with heavy punching bags and contain many layers of safety. Absolutely among the best gloves for heavy bag
The inner layer is made up of a breathable fabric to ensure that hands stay dry and comfortable. Over that is a layer of gel lining. This lining is unique in that it absorbs shock and provides a truly custom fit.
The lining creates a tight cushion around your hand for ultimate protection. This is followed by multiple layers of foam padding for even more shock absorption, allowing you to punch it out without any problems.
The TITLE Gel World Bag Gloves has an outer layer made entirely of leather. It comes in a few different colour schemes and styles suited for both men and women.
The various leather panels are double stitched, making it incredibly durable. To get a secure fit, the gloves have an adjustable D-ring with a hook and loop closure.Check Price and Review
Ringside Gel Shock gloves
These gloves use gel and foam to create a protective barrier against your hand and the punching bag. The gel is placed above the knuckles to absorb the shock.
The rest of the hand is protected with padded foam for protection. The medium weight of 12 ounces makes it a suitable option for guys who want to build up their strength and endurance.
The Ringside Gel Shock gloves come in three bold colours. Guys can choose to go with classic black, intimidating red or cool blue.
They are made entirely of leather and feature the Ringside logo on the outer fist and wrist strap. The strap is made from thick elastic for a tight fit and is part of a hook and loop closing system.
With the Ringside Gel Shock gloves, you get one of the best gloves for heavy bag at a very competitive price.Check Price and Review
Venum Contender 2.0
These gloves are very sturdy, and they have a nice feel and finish to them. They are softer than the typical leather gloves, yet firm enough to protect the user’s hands when hitting the heavy bag. This is because they feature triple density foam for supreme shock protection.
The heavy bag boxing gloves fit really well in most hands. They are lightweight, comfortable, and specially manufactured for long-lasting performance.
They have a cool and eye-catching design too. The thumb is nicely attached to the main body of the boxing gloves. The Venum contender 2.0 gloves scream style, quality, comfort, and protection.
The fitting is adequately secure. The Velcro straps close very tight to fit even smaller hands. Better yet, the gloves are luxuriously padded from the inside, and they don’t slip or move during use. These gloves keep the hands cooler than usual even when training quite hard and sweating a lot.
The gloves come in a variety of bright colors, and are available from 8oz to all the way up to 16oz. The color choices are amazing to say the least. No matter what color you choose, you are getting top-shelf gloves.
The Venum contender 2.0 heavy bag boxing gloves are durable enough to take beatings after beatings for years and years. The overall construction of the boxing gloves is rock solid. Simply put, the gloves are made to stand the test of time.
The glove is amazing at distributing and absorbing impact from repeated blows. Your hands and fists won’t get sore due to this. Plus, it helps with the striking power. Among the best gloves for heavy bag ever manufactured.Check Price and Review
Everlast PowerLock training gloves
- Features. Protective layered-foam construction. Compact design and ergonomic fit.
- Hook and loop closure. Made in China.
Another affordable option from Everlast. It is an established manufacturer of boxing gear, so you can trust that these gloves are made with proficiency in mind. Definitely among the best gloves for heavy bag you will find for the price.
Unlike pricier options, these gloves are made from neoprene. This material is a durable synthetic rubber that is built to last. The rubber is also very flexible, providing boxers with the movement and elasticity they need.
The protective foam inside is pre-curved in a natural and comfortable position. Because it is pre-formed, the foam will keep your fingers and hand in a safe and secure position. Padded palm grips are also included to protect an otherwise vulnerable area.
All black on the outside, these gloves feature the prominent Everlast logo. The inner side of the glove is covered in a grey mesh that improves grip. An elastic strap is used to create a tight fit and keep the gloves in place.Check Price and Review
MaxxMMA heavy bag gloves
- Material: Neoprene
- Approximate Dimensions: S/M 4.25” (W) x 10.25” (L), L/XL 4.5” (W) x 11.25” (L)
- Completely machine washable for added benefits
- Moisture wicking lining is ideal for cool, comfortable and dry workouts
- Pre-curved foam and a padded palm grip offer excellent hand protection
Using MMA gloves for heavy bag work can be a little problematic if you’re not experienced, but this pair can help you with your performance easily and conveniently.
The gloves are made of neoprene and are completely washable, which means that you can simply throw them into the washer without worrying about anything.
Additionally, they are outfitted with a moisture-wicking lining, which means that your workouts are going to be comfortable, cool, as well as dry, no matter the amount of time that you decide to hit the heavy bag.
The pre-curved foam and padded palm grip enable you to benefit from amazing hand protection, so these might be MMA gloves good for heavy bag work, in the end.
What we’d like to add with respect to this product is that some people have reported sizing issues — it seems to be a little too small for big individuals, but rather great for folks whose hands aren’t very large. Other than that, this is easily one of the best gloves for heavy bag around.Check Price and Review
Twins special boxing gloves
- Twins Special Velcro Boxing Gloves, Twins, Velcro,
- Boxing, Gloves, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, thai
- boxing, MMA, mixed martial arts, UFC, thai boxing
- gloves, made in thailand, leather, small, medium,
- large, 8 oz, 10 oz, 12 oz, 14 oz, 16 oz, black,
These are a great all-rounder pair of gloves. The shorter cuff of these, and other Muay Thai style gloves, is perfect for clinching and grappling and allowing a certain fluidity of movement that you just don’t get with the more traditional western-style boxing gloves.
They are available in a wide variety of weights and sizes. From the tiny 8oz, fight weight glove, up to bigger, well-padded, 16oz sparring glove.
However, unless you have smaller hands and or are a smaller trainer, we recommend you err towards the heavier sides as many gyms will not allow you to spar against opponents when using anything smaller than 14-16oz gloves. However, they are among the best gloves for heavy bag you will find.
There are up to 20 different style options to choose from. There are plenty of wacky, gregarious options to choose from such as a golden dragon style, different countries flags, tiger print, camouflage, etc.Check Price and Review
Meister gel mitts
- The highest quality bag mitts available on the market - You will never want to hit the heavy bag with any other gloves again
- Slip on/off in seconds for fast workout transitions - Mobile thumb allows for gripping without removing gloves
- Full-grain cowhide leather body is both extremely supple and durable - Integrated Gel Armor padding cushions blows and adds comfort
- Curved wrist pocket is ergonomically designed to hug and support wrist. Elasticated oversized wrist strap allows for a snug and custom fit
- DESIGNED TO BE WORN WITHOUT HAND WRAPS - If wearing hand wraps, order one size up
Another pair in the list of best gloves for heavy bag work is this one from Meister. They can be slipped on and off in a matter of several seconds as the mobile thumb enables gripping without you having to remove the gloves.
The quality of the product is what recommends it since the full-grain cowhide leather body is quite durable and supple.
There is integrated gel armour padding which is in charge of protecting you and also adding a bit of comfort to the whole design of this model.
Additionally, the curved wrist pocket has been designed ergonomically so as to hug and support your wrist.
This unit comes with an elasticized oversized wrist strap which offers a snug fit. As the manufacturing brand will specify, this model is made to be worn without any hand wraps. If you do want to wear them with hand wraps, you need to order a size up.Check Price and Review
Combat Sports training gloves
- 2" of molded foam padding making it the safest training glove in MMA
- Comfortable ergonomic fit
- Hinged knuckle allows for a full range of motion
- Wrap around wrist strap for lockdown wrist support
- Fully open palm allows for skin on skin contact
This is another budget-friendly pair that you ought to bear in mind, particularly if you intend to work out in your basement, at home.
The model comes with a layer of 1-inch padding consisting of formed foam, which means that the glove is going to fit well and offer you plenty of protection, as well.
The Combat sports Training Gloves bring the perfect balance of speed, comfort and protection while delivering a powerful punch.
An Ideal boxing glove for heavy bag workouts, mitt work and sparring, it features a comfortable layered-foam that secures your hand into a natural fist position, keeping your knuckles and wrist safe.
The premium synthetic leather construction ensures long-lasting durability and superior performance. Definitely the best glove for heavy bag in its price range.Check Price and Review
Title Boxing Aerovent super bag gloves
- Genuine leather craftsmanship with layered shock suppression foams over the fist and knuckles
- TITLE Aerovent technology – a nylon-mesh upper palm and lower palm air release -- is intricately inset in the upper palm and wrist to help hot air release during training
- Full leather wrap around wrist strap with hook-and-loop closure
- Tough full-grain leather cover is crafted for longevity and intense bag work
- Full satin nylon inside hand liner is comfortable and water repellant
These Title gloves are an ideal choice of many athletes from youth to adults, as well as from aspiring champions to fitness athletes.
The synthetic cover is highly durable and the exclusive Aerovent full palm side nylon triple mesh permits constant airflow during the workout to keep inside cooler and drier.
Genuine leather craftsmanship with layered shock suppression foams over the fist and knuckles forms unbelievable, high-quality heavy bag gloves, with an amazing impact-resistant core for all the performance, protection and execution athletes demand in their boxing workouts and heavy bag training
Besides, it features a full wrist strap with hook and loop closure to keep the gloves firm in place and get a maximum fit. On top of all, moisture-wicking inside gloves liner keep athlete sweat-free during the action.Check Price and Review
Ringside Apex Flash gloves.
These gloves have Injected Molded Foam Technology which is superior to layered-foam and other molded foam gloves, providing ultimate protection and product durability.
The exclusive pre-curved molded hand compartment supports natural alignment when striking that heavy bag. Designed with a mesh palm and ventilation holes to promote more rapid drying of water and sweat.
The Ringside Apex Flash gloves have a full hook and loop closure wraps around your wrist, ensuring a tight and no-slip fit for unbeatable wrist support. An attached thumb provides additional safety. A traditional boxing grip bar allows a tighter fist and reduces hand fatigue.
Stay-Dri Lining promotes microbial protection and helps keep your hands dry and comfortable. Definitely another contender for best gloves for heavy bag.Check Price and Review
What to look for when choosing the best gloves for heavy bag
Materials and quality
Leather is the better option and the best choice when it comes to all types of MMA gloves. However, it can also cost an arm and a leg, especially when compared to synthetic materials.
We’d advise you to start with a synthetic option if you’re just beginning your MMA adventure and once you take your skills to a whole new level, you can invest in a pair of high-quality leather choice.
You have two things available when it comes to the cushioning that will protect your hands, foam or gel. Gel is better of the two, but there are gloves that come with layered foam rather than regular foam.
Cheaper gloves can be less durable and their foam will also stack and fail to protect you in the long run.
Ordering your gloves online can be a little tricky, but there are some things that you can do to make sure that you get the right size. You can measure your hands and try out several pairs, and you can even go through some reviews of best gloves for heavy bag work.
Most boxing gloves are remarkably one-size-fits-all. But please do you your due diligence before purchasing.
Not all boxing or MMA gloves can be used for punching a heavy bag. Recently, special ones have been introduced for bag training, and these usually come with gel inserts or a layer of thick foam that can protect your knuckles.
Apart from the gel padding, these can come with extra-long wrist support.
In the end, choose the right gloves for your maximum performance and comfort. All the above-mentioned gloves are ideal for heavy bag hitting.
If you are looking for a glove pair for heavy bag workout, we would highly suggest you go for any of the best gloves for heavy bag on this feature.