8 best winter work boots
A welder, a construction worker, a machinist, carpenter, an auto mechanic or a worker on an oil rig. When working chilly winters, you require a specialized kind of boot. Like your body, your shoes require protection. Work gear such as Insulated winter work boots for men and women are developed to protect against risks and hazards associated with cold.
What makes winter boots stand tall are the basic elements every cold-weather worker needs: insulation, moisture defence, injury protection, traction and comfort. In this feature, we review some of the best winter work boots in the market today.
Best winter work boots
Wolverine Overpass Boots
- Flexible, athletic Contour Welt construction moves with you by bending and flexing at essential points
- Premium waterproof leather with abrasion resistant toe
- Removable Ortholite cushioned footbed for all-day comfort
- Slip, oil, water, abrasion, and chemical-resistant outsole for added protection on the job site
- Composite Toe ASTM F2413-11 M I/75 C/75 EH
The overpass fuses wolverine’s innovative technologies for the ultimate combination of comfort and performance.
Its carbon max toe-cap is lightweight and thinner offering a better fit. The contoured and motion max technologies allow the boot to bend and flex at essential points for maximum performance.
The overpass also features waterproof plus breathable membrane to ensure your feet stay dry in all work conditions.
The Shaft measures approximately 5″ from arch. The flexible, athletic Contour Welt construction moves with you by bending and flexing at essential points
A removable Ortholite cushioned footbed guarantees all-day comfort. The unique feature in this boot and what makes it rank alongside the best winter work boots out there is the premium waterproof leather with an abrasion-resistant toe.Check Price and Review
- Ankle-high work boot with full-grain leather upper featuring PU flex-welt cast-bond construction
- Air-textured nylon tongue for added comfort
- Padded top collar
- GripMax rubber outsole
Available in the colour brown Tumbled Leather, these Timberland pro work boots are 100% leather and made with synthetic soles. Their Goodyear welt cast-bond design makes sure they are mechanically and chemically durable.
These are mid-cut work boots that also provide structural support with their fibreglass shank and lug rubber outsole.
The water-proof leather on these boots is premium and features PRO rubber vamp so that the boots are durable and heat-resistant.
The toe on these boots is reinforced and the heel as well that covers the leather. The shaft on these boots measures approximately 8″ from the arch.
These Timberland pro boots feature the anti-fatigue technology in the sole meaning that they help you stay comfortable even when you are working for longer hours.
These boots provide reliable traction and will not let you slip in slippery snowy surfaces. They hold up well to pressure and make your feet feel well-placed. Definitely among the best winter work boots out there.Check Price and Review
Skechers Pelmo Boots
These boots will keep you comfortable through an entire day on your feet. The Boot has a 6-inch Direct Attach sole and a Steel Toe. These PRO boots have a seamless construction that promises dry and comfortable feet.
The Sketchers Pelmo Boot has seam-sealed waterproof leather uppers. These along with open-celled PU footbed and non-marking rubber sole keep your feet dry and comfortable.
The boot has a steel toe to guard against falling objects. The shoe upper is connected to the sole using the direct-inject construction and the padded collar holds the foot in a comfortable grip while the thermal plastic midsole offers cushioning and flexibility. The mesh lining and open-celled PU footbed have anti-microbial properties that kill the bad odour.
The dual-density dynamic anti-fatigue technology in key areas of the shoe absorbs and returns energy. This cuts out the fatigue at the end of the day. The rubber outsoles have large lugs that offer traction. It is non-marking and oil-resistant.
The structure of the shoe is well insulated, waterproof, tough and it has a steel toe. It meets and exceeds Steel Toe and Electrical Hazard Protection Standards by ANSI. A great choice for the best winter work boots.Check Price and Review
Timberland Flume Boots
- Premium full-grain waterproof leather uppers for durability
- Waterproof seam-sealed construction keeps feet dry
- Fully gusseted tongue keeps out debris
- Compression-molded EVA midsole and footbeds provide lightweight cushioning and shock absorption
- Solid rubber outsole with multidirectional lugs for traction
Timberland Flume Boot has sealed seams that are made of waterproof leather uppers. They keep the feet comfortable and dry.
There is 200g of insulation for warmth, and the boot has a Titan non-metallic toe that offers a generous fit and protection. There are a tri-density midsole and outsole that offers durable underfoot protection.
The lightweight PU sole cushions your foot without restricting the flexibility. There is a padded top collar that helps tie the boot snuggly to the foot.
An antimicrobial mesh lining keeps your feet dry and odourless. It also comes with a shock-diffusion plate made of nylon that supports the foot and offers torsional rigidity.
There are dual-density shock absorbers in the key zones of the foot to return the energy to the foot. There is an all-weather thermoplastic outsole that is oil, slip and abrasion-resistant.
This boot may be pricy, but it delivers your money’s worth. Definitely a contender for the best winter work boot.Check Price and Review
Columbia Newton Ridge
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and mesh bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof hiking boot delivers style and durability with its contrasting color combinations and soft mesh exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
Built with leather and mesh, this suede hiking boot is inspired by classic mountaineering boots. Its lightweight midsole is cushioned and supportive, providing comfort on your most ambitious day trips over rocks, gravel, or any trail you forge along the way.
The Newton Ridge Plus features a seam-sealed waterproof construction built-in with a combination of supportive leather and suede construction. After a long day, your dry happy feet will thank you.
The signature Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole provides high grip across a wide variety of terrain, and versatile three-season use.
This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads for a wide range of environments. A multi-zone tread pattern ensures solid footing on many surfaces. Omni-Grip provides the right grip for every environment.
This boot is inspired by classic mountaineering style offering a durable mid-cut waterproof hiker that provides great traction and comfort. A classic hiking boot that will deliver reliable and comfortable service. A great choice for the best winter work boot for women that you will find.Check Price and Review
Keen Anchorage Boots
Made from the toughest boot materials available, these Keen Anchorage boots are warm, waterproof and get high marks for comfort.
It starts with uppers which are made of heavyweight nylon — the type found in outdoor military gear — and abrasion-resistant leather. In addition to the naturally waterproof rubber sole, they have an integrated membrane that is both waterproof and breathable.
What sets these boots apart from the rest of the pack is the unique LiteFire insulation. Sprayed onto the boot as aluminium gas, it dries hard and offers the equivalent of 400 grams of synthetic insulation without adding weight.
A polyurethane midsole and Ortholite insole work together to provide unmatched comfort and durability, while the moulded heel guard adds lateral stability. Among the best winter work boots out there.Check Price and Review
- OMNI-TECH: Our proprietary technology provides air-permeable protection that's waterproof and breathable, keeping mother nature's elements out, at the same time allowing the inside to breathe, keeping you dry and comfortable no matter the conditions.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Built to be waterproof the leather upper is designed with seam-sealed construction in an Injection molded shell, and kept warm with 200g insulation. Your feet are sure to stay dry, warm and toasty.
- URBAN STYLE MEETS SNOW BOOT: The perfect combination of a snow boot with added modern style and function. Its full length lace up support makes this boot perfect in rocky terrain, deep in the snow, or conquering your next climb.
- TRACTION AND COMFORT: Featuring our indoor-friendly Omni-GRIP, a non-marking outsole, this boot provides sure-footed traction in the wild. The lightweight TECHLITE midsole makes every trek worthwhile with superior cushioning and long-lasting comfort.
- TEMPERATURE RATINGS: Rated -25F/-32C for cold, heavy snow days.
Available in three colours that is Black, Camouflage, and Light Grey, this outdoor boot has a rubber sole and a waterproof mesh upper with a Hydroshield Membrane.
The shaft on these work boots approximately measures 8” from the arch. They feature 200g Thinsulate insulation that helps you keep your feet warm and dry.
For the design part, the Camouflage colour variant of these boots is made of the fabric material and is water-resistant.
These boots keep your feet super warm with their 200g Thinsulate insulation and polyester fleece lining that has a minus 25-thermal rating. They come with a moisture-wicking mesh lining, integrated inserted EVA midsole and a moulded TPU ankle support as well.
They are designed to keep your feet free from sweat as they come with moisture-wicking mesh lining. They have a lightweight design yet they are sturdy enough.
To add to all that, these Thermator mid-rise outdoor boots are true to the sizing and functionality plus they are stylish too. They also feature a moulding rubber toe cap that combines for a durable and stable design of these boots. Without a doubt one the best winter work boots in its price range.Check Price and Review
- Durability: Goodyear Welt Construction is the toughest shoe construction ever invented. It’s the best choice for Industrial Construction Workers, Contractors, Home Builders, Electricians, Yard Jobs. Rubber outsole delivers stability on walking any kind terrains
- Break In Free: Soft leather take the pain out of braking into a new pair of work boots. No more wanting to take off your boots while working. Insole Removal option offers custom insole of your own to ensure ultimate comfort
- Comfort Easy Wear: PU Insole provides maximum comfort to your feet and long stand hours. Speed hooks makes easy to put on or take off. Steel shank alleviates pressure when climbing downstairs or ladders
- Sizing: True size to big brand work boots. Our width is between regular and wide. Women size is 2 sizes down. Women size 9 is Ever Boots size 7
- 3 month manufacture: We are pride with our quality workmanship. Any issue with the boots or shoes, we can help you out
This winter work boot is designed with premium 2.0MM Nubuck leather to provide a comfortable fit with durability. Each boot comes built with insulated mesh lining that consistently keeps your foot warm and comfortable, even during the longest workdays.
Designed with the toughest construction, Goodyear Welt, to provide an affordable and dependable all-around boot.
These boots are more traditional, but with extra features that make them a strong contender for the best winter work boots.
The insulated mesh lining features just enough insulation for warmth without adding extra weight where it’s not needed. For cooler climates, the boot is made to run large to accommodate sock layers.
If you’re a construction worker, take note of the steel shank that decreases pressure against the arch of the foot when climbing up and down ladders.
The only downside with these boots is they’re not waterproof, but the leather construction is naturally water-resistant and durable.Check Price and Review
Buyers guide for the best winter work boots
Cold feet in winters will inevitably make people uncomfortable and miserable at work. Insulated winter work boots are tailored to provide an extra layer of warmth to the feet while the workers are working for long hours in the cold season.
Insulated winter boots guard the feet against the cold and snow plus give adequate traction on wet surfaces as well. They greatly reduce the risk of frostbite and protect the feet from any work-related injuries. Insulated winter work boots should be warm but breathable too.
Even though natural insulation is a common form of insulation in regular winter work boots, they come with synthetic insulation which is tailor-made for high-quality and durable winter work boots.
You can select the best winter work boots for your winter work gear that either come with Thinsulate and Thermolite insulation brands. According to the weight of the insulation, you will be able to establish the level of warmth provided by these boots.
According to your requirements, your boots can carry different gram levels of insulation from 200grams to over 1200 grams.
Construction & Design
The make-up of your winter work boots will greatly define their function when you are working in the cold. The boots made by using the Cement construction methods or Goodyear Welt Construction methods are the best.
If you are choosing the best winter work boots, you should go for the ones that come with composite toe design. Their non-metallic safety toe does not let the temperature transfer through their composition and hence is a great choice for the best winter work boots.
They also resist the electric hazard and are quite light making them a comfortable pick. You should also choose boots that come with nylon or fibreglass shanks and not steel shanks, considering the transfer of temperature to the arch of the foot. The lacing system should be apt and the boots should feature odour-resistance, good cushioning, and shock absorption.
Working in the cold temperature also requires working on snow-filled surfaces or slippery ones. Walking through heaps of snow will end up soaking your boots during the winter and even cause hypothermia, if it’s not controlled, and also discomfort and frost-bites in some cases.
It’s recommended to choose winter work boots that are waterproof to keep your feet dry and safe.
The main motive of a good pair of winter work boots is to facilitate enough protection to the lower part of the legs and feet. The right work boots for your winter apparel should have thick uppers and meet the ASTM standards to guarantee the safety that they offer.
These boots should provide Impact Resistance, Puncture resistance, protection from the electrical hazard, and Metatarsal impact and compression resistance as per these standards.
Falling and slipping are the number one cause of work injuries for most workers. During winters, a lot of ice and snow builds up on stairs, construction ramps, walkways, terrace, and the like making them a hot-spot for accidents.
These cases make it compulsory to choose a quality winter work boot that offers better traction with their deep-treaded, soft and flexible outer soles. These best winter work boots do not let the snow accumulate, providing a higher degree of traction.
The weight of winter work boots is a crucial factor to look at. Since they are going to be heavier than your usual work boots, ensuring that they offer a comfortable fit for you is a vital choice.
You will be spending all day out in your boots, so they should not be too heavy.
At the end of the day, your boots are all that stand between your feet and pain. Whether you need optimal cold-weather protection on the job site or want multi-purpose footwear for working and playing in a variety of conditions, there’s a comfortable winter work boot waiting just for you.
We hope this article will help you find the best winter work boots.
Last update on 2021-04-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API