10 Best Work Gloves
Work gloves are meant to make your job easier. If you believe their advertising, shops online are supposed to make your shopping experience easier.
If you’re looking for a pair of the best work gloves, you need to know what you’re buying before you seal the deal. We want you to be able to do that and with confidence.
The benefits and use of work gloves cannot be overestimated. Sometimes, people do not implement them in their workflow, because they say it is not comfortable.
But modern technologies are providing excellent decisions and solutions for these issues. Now it is not only comfortable on the wearer’s hands, but you can also work with small objects with precise accuracy.
The best work gloves should provide you with the comfort and freedom of movement. You should feel that hands are entirely safe, and that sharp item, dirt or other objects won’t hurt you.
Work gloves should fit your needs and are able to protect your hands from cuts, punctures, bruising, blistering, water, chemicals, temperature conditions, electricity and so on.
In this feature, we analyze some of the best work gloves in the market today.
10 Best Work Gloves Review
White OX heavy Duty Work Gloves
The latest variety of most popular gloves in the Pacific Northwest. White Ox gloves by North Star have set the standard for logging gloves on the west coast for over 70 years.
These heavy-duty gloves are made from 100% cotton, weaved in the fourchette pattern (the most comfortable of glove patterns, usually only found in dress styles).
Palm is made from double-ply quilted cotton, which equates to a 22 oz thickness. Back is made from 10 oz canvas with a red elastic band, designed to reduce sizing by 1/2.
The wristband is knit with a fuzzy nap, to keep debris out. Fast red dye printing does not bleed. Perfect gloves for handling wire rope rigging, but also very popular for around the farm work.
100% cotton fourchette pattern- the most comfortable of glove patterns, usually only found in dress styles.
Fuzzy nap both inside and outside. Reconfigured index finger seam gives the same protection as wrap-around construction.
The Fast red dye for printing does not bleed. Near leather hand safety for the price of canvas! Many other companies have attempted to copy this glove because of its high demand and popularity, but WHITE OX always prevails. The quality is obvious. A great choice if you’re looking for the best work gloves.Check Price and Review
SHOWA rubber coated gloves
- Excellent wet and dry grip
- No irritating seams
- Ergonomic design reduces hand fatigue
- Machine washable
- 10-gauge liner
The ergonomic design of this technology replicates the hand’s natural curvature, thus eliminating hand fatigue. Moreover, this technological breakthrough dramatically improved the fit, feel and comfort of hand protection.
From general maintenance and small parts assembly to heavy lifting and contractor work, these masters of multi-tasking are must-haves for every worker’s toolbox.
Showa rubber-coated Gloves feature a rugged latex palm coating that’s resistant to abrasions and punctures and provides an excellent grip, even when wet.
Showa Atlas 300 gloves include a specially designed seamless knit liner that “hugs” workers’ hands, while also keeping them cool throughout a long day on the job. They also conform to the contours of the hand, ensuring a secure fit without restraining finger dexterity.
The patented dipping process maintains flexibility and helps to limit hand fatigue. The open-back design keeps hands dry by preventing perspiration.
These Work Gloves are some of the best work gloves and they are available in small, medium, large, extra-large and XXL sizes – you can find the perfect fit for every member of your workforce.
They’re also machine washable and remarkably durable — they often outperform cotton and leather gloves.Check Price and Review
Wells Lamont Leather Work Gloves
- 100% GRAIN COWHIDE: Superior abrasion and puncture resistance
- DURABLE LEATHER: The reinforced leather palm patch increases overall wear and durability
- ADJUSTABLE WRIST: The adjustable ball & tape style wrist closure keeps out dirt and debris, while also keeping your glove in place
- COMFORTABLE FEATURES: Ergonomically designed Gunn cut and keystone thumb mimic the natural curvature of the hand for added comfort and dexterity
- WORKSITE GLOVES: Ideal for construction, demolition, farming, maintenance, ranching, welding, home projects, and more
Each glove is made of high-quality grain cowhide, giving you the superior abrasion and puncture resistance you need to get the job done.
The adjustable wrist allows you to find the perfect fit while keeping dirt and debris out of your gloves. The reinforced leather patch on the palm provides extra grip and durability to this ‘jack-of-all-trades’ work glove.
These Wells Lamont Leather Work Gloves strike a very nice balance between toughness and dexterity and might be the gloves that you want to get if you value having as much flexibility as possible when wearing gloves.
These gloves come with a ball and tape wrist, so you can adjust the wrist to maximize comfort or to prevent as much dirt as possible from getting in.
They’re also some of the softest work gloves that you can find today. While not everyone values that aspect initially, you’ll enjoy wearing soft gloves much more in the long run.Check Price and Review
Mechanix Wear Leather Work gloves
- Anti-Vibration & Mechanics Gloves
- Manufacturer: Mechanix Wear
- Made in: United States
Breathable TrekDry conforms to the back of your hands to help keep you cool and comfortable while you work.
Flexible thermoplastic rubber protects your wrists and creates a comfortable fit as you work throughout the day. The Thermoplastic Rubber (TPR) impact protection is anatomically shaped to protect the back of your hand from the top of your wrist to the tips of your fingers.
Flexible stretch elastic provides a secure fit to your wrist that allows for easy glove removal between tasks. Genuine leather provides extreme abrasion resistance so you can work with confidence.
D3O palm padding absorbs impact and vibration to help reduce fatigue while you work. Genuine leather provides extreme abrasion resistance so you can work with assurance.
It is machine washable and the nylon web loop makes it easier to store. The durability and the level of dexterity that they provide make them ideal for tactical situations as well as maintenance and repair operations.Check Price and Review
No Cry Cut resistant gloves
- 4x stronger than leather: Our cut resistant, highly durable gloves give you EN388 level 5 cut resistance. In other words, they’re made of the highest level of cut resistant material you can get on the market.
- 100% food safe: Use your cut resistant gloves when you’re shucking oysters, cutting up your meat for dinner, dicing vegetables, using the potato slicer or the mandolin. Protect your hands, feel like a masterchef and give your hands some extra protection.
- Ambidextrous: Get a pair of knife resistant gloves that fit either hand perfectly… like a glove. Fab for men, women, kids and everyone responsible enough to handle a knife to slice some vegetables or fillet a fish. And the grip is great too - your gloves won’t slip, fall off or irritate your skin.
- Machine washable: Done using that onion slicer, chopping up steak meat, dicing the vegetables, grating the carrots or using the mandoline? Taking care of your gloves is easy peasy. Just throw them in the washing machine on cool with some mild detergent then let them drip dry.
- Perfect for outside the kitchen too: These gloves are great for any job that needs precision like woodworking, whittling and carving. If you’re looking for some multi-purpose work gloves you can use when you’re handling sharp tools, you’ve found them.
This glove is made of food-safe ultrahigh molecular weight polyethene, glass fibre, and Spandex, these gloves have been designed to resist cuts from even the sharpest blades.
You can feel secure in knowing they have an EN388 Level 5 cut protection rating. Your NoCry cut resistant gloves will reduce the likelihood of sustaining serious injury if accidents happen.
Mechanix has been making some really reliable products for a long time. This has earned it the coveted “household name in its market” moniker that most companies only ever dream of.
The glove’s reliability is not the only thing that gives these gloves their clout, the price is what people often comment on too. The simplicity of the design makes them prime candidates for a plethora of different activities.
NoCry cut resistant gloves are ultra-thin, soft against the skin, and highly elastic. Weighing in at less than an ounce, they have none of the bulk found in other gloves on the market offering the same protection. 4x stronger than leather.
Compared to bare hands, the elastic material in your NoCry gloves makes keeping a firm grip on slippery and awkward items a snap. You’ll be able to complete tasks more quickly and accurately while avoiding nicks and cuts.
NoCry cut resistant gloves come in 4 different sizes for best fit. Measure your palm diameter and middle finger length to determine your optimal glove size.Check Price and Review
IronClad General Utility Work Gloves
- HIGH PERFORMANCE TASK SPECIFIC WORK GLOVE - The number one selling Ironclad work glove
- HAND SAFETY - Thermoplastic rubber knuckle protection provides impact and abrasion protection across the knuckles
- SECURE FIT - Adjustable Hook and Loop Closure provides a secure custom fit for ideal performance
- SWEAT MANAGEMENT FEATURE - Terry cloth sweat wipe conveniently located on the back of the thumb allows you to stay focused on the job at hand with one wipe of the brow
- MACHINE WASHABLE - Machine wash cool. Air drying is recommended in order to keep the size consistent with its original form from time of purchase
The original high-performance utility glove. A comfortable, form-fitting glove designed to handle all of your day-to-day tasks. Best uses include but are not limited to shop, home, delivery, clean-up, construction, equipment operation, rigging, yard work.
The craftsmanship in this glove is unmatched by the competition. The terry cloth on the back of thumb can be utilized to wipe the sweat away while staying focused on the task at hand.
These high performance utility gloves can be tossed in the washer as they will not dry out or shrink when washed.
These Ironclad General Utility gloves are the original high-performance utility glove. Featuring a patented palm design for excellent dexterity and durability, synthetic leather reinforcements that reinforce critical areas for long-lasting wear and a TPR cuff puller that allows you properly position your glove faster, these gloves have all the technology needed when working on the job site or around the house.
They have a convenient sweat wipe located on the back of the thumb that prevents irritation from sweat and the hook and loop closure near the wrists, the General Utility are comfortable, form-fitting gloves designed to handle all of your day-to-day tasks. One of the best work gloves!Check Price and Review
DEX Fit lightweight work gloves
- BEST COMFORTABLE - Ergonomic snug fit to all fingers. A second-skin feeling. LIGHTWEIGHT 15-gauge Nylon and Spandex perform with precision on delicate jobs. Professional MANUAL DEXTERITY
- NON-SLIP EVEN WITH LIGHT OIL & UNDERWATER - Prevent pipe’s slippage and minimize hand fatigue. Excellent while working in various conditions. Extended market coverage from A to Z
- FLEXIBLE & COOL – Breathable WATER-BASED foam nitrile rubber coating for all-day comfort. Convenient SMARTPHONE TOUCHSCREEN. Suitable for boys and girls
- ECONOMICAL AND REUSABLE - Machine washable. Stylish & tight stretchy knit wrist cuff. Outstanding for multi-purpose tasks in auto, HVAC, warehouse and for woodworking, craft, box handling, precision assembly, construction, gardening, shop working, dishwashing, indoor & outdoor activities. Utility work gloves for men, women, ladies and children
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE - CE Qualified and met ANSI Standards. Silicone free
These gloves are quite ergonomically designed. These are so lightweight and form perfectly around my hands that they feel like a second layer of skin almost. The material is so thin that it does not take away much of my fingers’ tactile senses at all.
Because of how thin the DexFit gloves are and the nitrile coating along the palms and fingers, your hands can still perform tasks that need a delicate touch.
It is almost similar to wearing just nitrile gloves but these work gloves for dexterity make you feel like your hands are still perfectly protected.
Nitrile coating also helps improve the grip of the gloves. One can effortlessly hold on to ratchets or other oil-covered tools and spare parts. It is even much easier to pick up small objects with these gloves compared to when I am barehanded.Check Price and Review
Carhartt Men’s Work Gloves
- Reinforced thumb and figure saddle
- Synthetic wrist pull, side vent cuff
Carhartt’s collection of flexible, high dexterity gloves are designed for durability and comfort. Made with synthetic stretch materials and supple natural materials. Wear Carhartt High Dexterity series gloves when you need the accuracy of a bare hand and the protection of a work glove.
These gloves are designed for durability and comfort. Protect your hands with these rugged gloves made with premium tanned leathers. Choose from durable American bison, full-grain or suede cowhide combined with durable cotton duck options.
Durable, flexible, and lightweight, Nitrile Grip work gloves are designed for general purpose and lightweight jobs. Nitrile palms provide breathability, dexterity and excellent grip on wet and dry surfaces. Great for oil-coated surfaces.
All C-Grip series features a seamless knit glove for increased comfort and contoured rubber palm built to protect hands, prevent blisters and hand fatigue.
Reinforced abrasion-resistant areas add protection and durability without sacrificing dexterity and breathability.
These gloves are excellent for moderate to heavy construction. C-Grip offers superior durability, ultimate dexterity and grip in wet and dry conditions. A great choice for those looking for the best work gloves.Check Price and Review
CLC Leather work gloves
- SHRINK RESISTANT: These work gloves are made with synthetic leather, providing toughness, and helps to resist shrinking/hardening. Excellent for outdoor jobs where gloves may become wet.
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE WORK GLOVES: Protect yourself against many jobs with these durable work gloves by CLC.
- FLEXIBLE SAFETY GLOVES: With stretchable spandex, Lycra side panels for improved dexterity, these work gloves will enable you to do the job without restraint
- WORK GLOVES THAT STAY ON: These work gloves feature an elastic cuff with strap to prevent work safety gloves from slipping off when they become wet
- WORK GLOVES FOR TOUGH JOBS: These CLC work gloves provide excellent protection for construction workers, mechanics, roofers, maintenance workers.
The CLC Leather Work Gloves are a good choice for people who will be working outside or in cold weather. They come with the best cold-weather insulation of any model on our list, and they’ll keep your hands warm unless the temperatures drop to the truly brutal.
You might want to check our review of the best heated gloves if you work in the cold quite often.
They’re made from spandex, which gives them some give, and allows for an easier fit and greater dexterity when you’re working.
They also come with palm and knuckle padding. That may not sound like that good of a feature, but it will dramatically lessen the wear on your hands relative to gloves without that padding.
The only downside to these gloves is that they’re not water-resistant. That makes them poor for jobs where you know your hands will get wet.
However, if you’re not working in those situations and need an inexpensive pair of gloves to keep your hands safe and warm, these are the best work gloves for you.Check Price and Review
AmazonBasics Work Gloves
- Polyurethane-coated work gloves (size 9; 12 pairs) provide added protection, comfort, and dexterity for enhanced work safety and productivity
- Made of 100% polyester with a 100% polyurethane coating for supreme flexibility, dexterity, and non-sticky grippy-ness; extended cuff (92% polyester; 8% elastodiene) deters materials from getting inside the glove
- Touch-screen capable (can be worn when using a smartphone or other digital device)
- Suitable for general indoor/outdoor use and wet or dry applications; machine-wash on cold/delicate cycle and line-dry
- Measures 10 x 4 x 0.7 inches (LxWxH); backed by an Amazon Basics 1-year limited warranty
These polyurethane-coated work gloves, which come in sizes 9 and 12, give you additional protection, it is comfortable to wear and has high dexterity to improve productivity and work safety.
It has an inner liner which is 92% polyester and 8% elastodiene, a feature that enables the gloves to be slipped on with ease, it is also flexible while its extension cuffs keep the wrist protected and prevent foreign material from getting into the gloves. The polyester material also ensures it’s non-sticky.
Besides, you can use your smartphone or any other digital device while wearing these gloves as it is touch-screen capable. It can be machine washed in a cold, delicate cycle, after which it is line-dried. However, it is advisable not to dry-clean or dip them in chlorinated bleach.Check Price and Review
Tips for choosing the best work gloves
Durability is the other major thing you should consider before choosing the best work gloves. While you can have degrees of comfort within a glove, gloves either last long enough to justify their price, or they don’t.
So, it’s important that you invest in gloves that will last a long time in tough conditions. One of the best ways to indirectly assess durability is by reading reviews and looking for complaints about poorly-done seams.
Even if there are no complaints about short lives, inattention to small details like that is a good sign that the gloves won’t live up to your hopes.
You should look for the best work gloves that make use of full-grain leather. This is the top quality of leather, and generally provides good thickness and flexibility in addition to strength. Top grain leather is the next-best quality, while split-grain and lower should probably be avoided.
It’s also a bonus if your gloves are waterproof. This is an important feature for some users whereas for others it will not be a factor to consider.
This may not seem like it should be that big of a difference-maker to you, but the fact of the matter is that you can get two gloves of similar quality for a similar price, but the comfort will likely vary. In that situation, the more comfortable glove would provide much more value.
The most comfortable gloves help reduce blistering. They also put less stress on your hands, which not matter minute-to-minute, but can make a big difference in how your hands feel by the end of the day.
The good news is that you can often get comfortable gloves without jumping up in price.
Since not all gloves are made to the same standards, and people have different needs, there’s no one pair of gloves that’s going to be right for all people. Consequently, if you want to get the best value for your money, it’s important to focus on your needs.
Start by making a shortlist of gloves that live up to your durability and comfort expectations. Then, choose the cheapest glove from that list. It has the features it needs to leave you satisfied with your purchase, but provides those at the lowest value, giving you the best deal for your money.
We hope that our reviews have already helped you find a pair of the best work gloves that fit your needs. If you’re not yet sure which gloves are right for you, be sure to check out the buyer’s guide.
Last update on 2021-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API