5+ Best goalkeeper gloves
Gloves are arguably the most vital part of a goalkeeper playing gear. It is important that every goalie chooses the right pair of gloves that allow them to perform at their peak.
The most obvious advantage of a reliable pair of the best goalkeeper gloves is improved grip power and subsequently, a far better chance of stopping the ball from getting into the net. Add protection for the hands and this is the goalkeeper’s best friend.
When it comes to getting the best goalkeeper glove to suit individual unique needs, the following is considered:
The backhand – this is the surface on the knuckle side of the hand, the palm, finger protection offered, and the closure. Basically how the glove fits.
In this feature, we review some of the best goalkeeper gloves on the market today.
Here are the best goalkeeper gloves
UHLSPORT RADAR CONTROL SUPERGRIP
This glove comes with a slick-looking cut. It incorporates wraps to the thumbs, forefinger and little finger which ensure a perfect fit. The edge of the hand comes equipped with latex gussets with breathable perforations for a much-improved grip.
The palm has the new and innovative UHLSPORT-SUPER GRIP foam that provides a higher grip level as a result of integrated high grip elements. The backhand is a material mix of latex and neoprene for improved flexibility and comfort. On top of this is a 3D embossing SHOCKZONE with integrated high rebound foam for optimized punching.
The only downside to this very effective glove is that it is prone to wear since the UHLSPORT SUPER GRIP latex is very soft. It is built to provide the ultimate grip and as a result, a sacrifice was inevitably made on the texture of the foam. However, while in use, it is easily one of the best goalkeeper gloves around. Just ask Alphonse Areola– Paris St Germain number 1.
RENEGADE GK FURY GOALIE GLOVES
- TRUSTED BY PLAYERS & THE PROS: RGK gloves are designed to perform and built to last. As of January 2021, the Fury glove series had more than 882 ratings & reviews averaging 4.5 Stars across all models. This includes 607 FIVE Star ratings. Renegade GK is also the official GK glove of both the NPSL and WPSL, which are the largest professional soccer leagues in the U.S.
- SUPERB GRIP PERFORMANCE & CONTROL: All Fury gloves use high-performance German Giga Grip pro-level latex. This plus other upgrades like the 180° thumb wrap and pre-arched palm instantly improve grip, ball control, and yes, confidence.
- LEADING SAFETY PROTECTION: Unlike most fingersaves, our removable Pro-Tek Pros will not bend backwards. 4+3MM composite latex on the palm and backhand provide extra impact protection, while the 8CM neoprene cuff and 3MM 360° Duratek strap give excellent wrist support.
- SUPERIOR VALUE & COMFORT: We've tried to pack as much value into every RGK glove regardless of play level, while ensuring that they are comfortable. The Fury’s 6D Super Mesh body ensures great breathability while the unique nylon strap puller makes them easy to put on.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: We’re not happy, unless you’re happy. We stand behind the quality our gloves. If you are not 100% satisfied with your RGK gloves, just contact us. Give us a chance to make it right; you won’t be disappointed
All FURY gloves are manufactured with the goalkeeper in mind, the slogan goes. They seek to provide the very best champion level soccer goalie gloves for all ages.
RENEGADE GK FURYGOALIE GLOVES offer Endo Pro-Tek removable finger-save technology for keepers who prefer a bit of added support. Those who don’t are also accommodated as they are easily removable.
FURY gloves use high-performance German Giga Grip Pro-level latex. Add other improvements including the 180-degree thumb wrap and pre-arched palm and the result is optimum grip and ball control. What more could a goalkeeper want?
This glove is designed for maximum grip and unparalleled comfort. It is a glove that is widely preferred as the best goalkeeper gloves by soccer players world-wide from youth leagues to professional top-flight leagues.
STORELLI GLADIATOR ELITE 2
- PROTECTIVE GOALKEEPER GLOVES: High-performance soccer gloves for goalkeepers, armored with premium latex and built-in finger spines (including thumbs) for enhanced finger protection. Includes 2 gloves (1 pair) and a breathable glove bag.
- BUILT-IN FINGER SPINES: Features 5 built-in (non-removable) plastic finger spines to reduce the risk of injury and protect fingers from jamming and bending backward. Full wrist wrap provides added comfort and security. Made stronger for safer soccer.
- PREMIUM IMPACT PROTECTION: Engineered with 3mm of impact-absorbing foam padding for extreme palm protection and 3.5mm of high-grade Storelli Super Soft premium latex and textured punch zones for advanced ball control.
- ERGONOMIC PALMS & SUPERIOR GRIP: Flat palm cut with roll thumbs (extra latex thumb wrapping) provides superior, tacky ball grip, while ergonomic, embossed palms provide enhanced flexibility. Maximizes performance for competitive goalkeepers.
- BREATHABLE & SNUG: Tight fit with mesh finger and backhand panels ensure maximum breathability for a dry performance in all conditions. Elite 2.0 gloves feature a sleek design with Storelli branding. Fabric composition: Latex, Polyester, PP, Nylon.
Protection is a top priority when it comes to the best goalkeeper gloves. This is vital since some balls that are blocked come at high speeds and hence injuries like finger fractures are not unheard of.
They are armored with premium latex and built-in finger spines for improved finger shielding. They are there for all five fingers and they greatly reduce the risk of injury while ensuring they don’t bend or jam backward.
Also contained in this glove is a state of the art engineering with 3mm of impact-absorbing foam padding for extreme palm protection. The outer has 3.5mm of high-grade STORELLI super soft premium latex and textured punch zones for advanced ball control.
The flat palm design with roll thumbs that contain extra latex thumb wrapping provides superior, firm ball grip while the embossed palms provide enhanced flexibility. The full wrist wrap provides added comfort and security.
Additionally, it provides a tight fit with mesh fingers and backhand panels which ensure maximum breathability for dry performance in all conditions. Truly a goalkeeper’s best friend.
- Designed For Goalkeepers: Whether you’re in training or plan for next big game hard ground or turf these grip boost football gloves are ideal choice of keeper, Gloves provide extra care good grip on ball to play indoor or outdoor for perfect saves and safety in all seasons.
- Best Performence Excellent Grip: Made with soft long lasting material of high quality 3+3mm german latex on the palm provide extra protection to hands. Highly breathable jacquard mesh body to make it more light comfortable, which is great for soccer youth goalie gloves playing in hot winter or humid climate.
- American Football Finger Protection System: Our new improved BACKBONE fingers save system(Including 4 spines) in mianova goalie gloves youth helps you to prevent the chances of Hyper-Extended finger injuries which frequently occur in competition or training.
- Wrist Protection: Mianova soccer kids goalie gloves have double-designed football gloves grip boost wristband whose lining layer is elastic stuff and the outer is close-fitting velcro bandage with stretch-straps easy open , so they can contract your wrist muscles better and offer more secure protection to control the sprained wrist risk
- 100% Satisfection Guaranteed: Cool football gloves design for customer satisfaction we are not satisfied unless our customers not satisfied if you unsatisfied just contactct us we will replace them or issue a refund witin 30 days any problem in your gloves you have 100%money back guarantee
Designed to suit both indoor and outdoor situations. The excellent grip made with soft and long-lasting material that consists of 3mm German latex on the palm to provide extra protection to hands. Additional protection is given by a finger protection system that has the new improved BACKBONE fingers save system which helps prevent chances of hyper-extended finger injuries which are a regular occurrence in both competition and training situations.
The body is made of highly breathable jacquard mesh body that makes it lighter and adds to comfort. This is vital for keepers playing in hot, winter, or humid climate.
Wrist protection is covered by the presence of a double designed wrist band who’s lining layer is elastic while the outer is a close-fitting Velcro bandage with stretch straps that are easy to open and hence can contract the wrist muscles a lot better and offer better protection against spraining.
The big plus with this brand is that the manufacturer is willing-within 30 days- to replace or refund money on units that do not fully satisfy the customer. This makes Mianova one of the best goalkeeper gloves.
YOUTH & ADULT GOALIE GOALKEEPER GLOVES
- FOR THE TOUGHEST SAVES：- These goalkeeper gloves have the wear-resistant latex palms which can give you the extremely strong control and grip when handling the ball. Meanwhile, the unique positive cut design gives you the best ball-contact for the toughest saves in play.
- FINGER AND PALM PROTECTION：- The new improved BACKBONE finger save system of these goalie gloves helps you protect the Hyper-Extended finger injuries which frequently occur in competition or training and the extremely thick padded latex foam can offer more cushioning protections to your palm.
- DOUBLE WRIST SAFEGUARD：- These soccer gloves have a double-designed wristband whose lining layer is elastic stuff and the outer is close-fitting velcro bandage with stretch-strap, so they can contract your wrist muscles better and offer more secure protection to reduce the sprained wrist risk.
- DURABLE & COMFORTABLE：- Being made from high quality composite materials of EVA and latex, these gloves are so strong that they are hard to splitted whether in fierce competition or in routine training. In addition, the gloves are lightweight and very comfortable.
- APPLICATION & AFTER SALE SERVICE：- These perfect goalkeeper gloves are suitable for the people from junior trainees to high school, all the way to adult soccer whether in training or match play. If there is any problem with the product, please don't hesitate to contact us.
These boast both durability and comfort. They are made from high-quality composite materials of EVA and latex. Contained also is wear-resistant palms that give firm and strong control and grip when handling the ball.
The unique positive cut design guarantees the best ball contact and makes even the toughest of saves possible. The new improved BACKBONE finger save system helps protect the hyper-extended finger injuries which are a staple in competitions and training. The ultra-thick padded latex foam offers added cushioning and protection for the palms.
A double wrist safeguard is another feature in these gloves. They have a double designed wristband whose lining layer is elastic stuff and the outer is a close-fitting Velcro bandage with a stretch strap so they contract the wrist muscles better and provide more secure protection to reduce the sprained wrist risk.
These gloves are available for all ages and levels. Junior trainees to high school all the way to professional leagues.
The 3 Best Adidas Goalkeeper Gloves
ADIDAS F1806GL016 PREDATOR SOCCER GLOVES
It is ideal for training and scratch matches. They have durable soccer gloves are made for the goalie who controls the match. They are made of a durable latex palm with an excellent grip that helps keep the ball in your grasp in all conditions.
Their fingers are cut for a cozy and natural feel. This glove comes with a slick looking cut. It incorporates wraps to the thumbs, forefinger and little finger which ensure a perfect fit. The edge of the hand comes equipped with latex gussets with breathable perforations for a much improved grip.
The glove has elastic bandage for wrist support. A double wrist safeguard is another feature in these gloves. They have a double designed wristband whose lining layer is elastic and the outer is a close-fitting Velcro bandage with a stretch strap so they contract the wrist muscles better and provide more secure protection to reduce the sprained wrist risk.
Different sizes are available to suit all levels of the sport. These Adidas are one of the best goalkeeper gloves around.
ADIDAS PREDATOR PRO FINGERSAVE
- Fingersave spines stiffen and resist pressure when pushed backward for more effective ball deflection
- URG 2.0 latex for outstanding grip and excellent cushioning Negative cut for tight and snug fit
- Silicone punching zone for optimized power and control to all punched clearances
- Knit backhand construction for enhanced flexibility and a snug, comfortable fit Detachable stretch strap lets you choose between freedom and stability
Comes equipped with finger-save technology. The finger-save spines stiffen and resist pressure when pushed backwards for more active ball deflection.
It also has a silicon punching zone for optimized power and control to all punched clearances. Cushioning is state of the art with URG 2.0 latex for outstanding grip. The cut on the glove is positive to allow for a tight snug fit
Flexibility, which is vital is taken care of by a Knit backhand construction and a comfortable fit detachable stretch strap that lets you choose between freedom and stability. The unique positive cut design guarantees the best ball contact and makes even the toughest of saves possible.
The new improved BACKBONE finger save system helps protect the hyper-extended finger injuries which are a staple in competitions and training. The ultra-thick padded latex foam offers added cushioning and protection for the palms making the predator one of the best goalkeeper gloves.
ADIDAS PERFORMANCE ACE REPLIQUE
- Soft Grip Pro smooth latex palm for good grip, cushioning and durability in all weather conditions
- Positive cut for a good and comfortable fit
- Elastic bandage for perfect fit and wrist support
- Full-wrap wrist strap for custom fit
Comes from the line of Adidas new hard wired pack series. It features 4mm of Adidas URG2.0 latex arranged on a negative cut. The glove body is made up of a seamless knit material while the backhand features Adidas Silicon Predator Punch zone. The entry consists of a seamless knit wrist cuff and a removable stretch wrist strap.
The backhand also features Adidas Predator punch zone which is redesigned from previous models. It has thinner silicon level pieces, but still provides a lot of grip to help direct the ball when punching it.
It also has excellent finger-saves which are non-removable. It makes it easier to flex fingers or ball the fist. The finger saves are heavy duty and prevent any injuries to the fingers during play. The goalie is a lot more comfortable making saves.
The palm is a wide negative cut that gives excellent latex to ball contact. It has a thumb wrap and an anti-abrasion pad to ensure durability. It is pre curved due to the cut and finger-saves and hence when the glove is on, the hand is already in a catch ready position.
Textile material gussets help with breathability making it suitable for all weather conditions.
Make your feet fast but your hands faster by wearing one of these 8 best goalkeeper gloves. With your only goal being stopping another’s, they will have you prepared for victory.
While balancing the emotional, physical and psychological aspects of goalkeeping are vital and critical, it should be noted that the gear you wear is top of the list in terms of how it impacts your play. Gloves may seem a simple piece of equipment but they are just as important, if not more than the cleats worn.
Goalkeepers’ gloves are an essential part of any soccer team’s defence, along with the wearer. They enhance grip, cushion the hand and ultimately help goalkeepers block, catch and punch the ball.
Choose the best suited for your needs plus hand size and shape. With the shopper’s guide below, no matter the level of competition, age or budget, there is the right fit for everybody.
Best goalkeeper gloves – buyers guide
It is vital as it allows the goalie to catch the ball. It may be a single smooth layer, have a textured pattern or incorporate hard ground elements. These elements may be added to gloves being designed for artificial grass fields, and hence they are both a lot more durable and contain more stickiness. Textured patterns are designed for use in wet conditions because they uphold grip while simultaneously dispersing water from the surface of the palm.
Match gloves have a finer palm with an excellent grip, however this is at the expense of durability. On the other hand, training gloves have a denser palm with more synthetic materials to make them last longer but again, a compromise is made on grip quality.
Finger protection is a vital aspect when it comes to the best goalkeeper gloves. Finger protection is usually made from plastic and is inserted in the backhand to prevent an unnatural flex or bend when saving high impact shots. For younger goalies, finger spines prevent injury while they are learning techniques and handling the ball in their new position.
As they progress through the levels, finger protection remains a personal preference. It may be preferred if a keeper has a history of niggling injuries. It is important to be aware that finger protection does not prevent all injuries, nor does it protect from being kicked in the fingers.
There are two types of cuts, negative and positive/flat. The negative cut attaches a single piece of latex from the palm to the backhand through finger gussets inside the glove. This design produces a snug fit and fosters ball control that is true to your hand. The positive/flat cut attaches the palm to the backhand through gussets on the outside of the glove. Since these gussets are exterior, the cut is looser and there are seams on both the palm and backhand.
When choosing your preferred cut, ask yourself the qualities of your hand and wrist. This will help determine which cut suits your hand best, further helping you find the best goalkeeper gloves. Whether you have long or wide fingers and a narrow or wide palm are characteristics to consider.
Might be of interest: Best MMA gloves
It affects the ability to punch, cushioning and aeration or breathability. It is connected to the palm via finger gussets-inner mesh lining of fingers that improves glove fit.
Common backhand materials comprise a thick or thin layer of latex foam cushioning mounted on a breathable textile, knit material or a layer of neoprene.
Those with thin foam layers are more often than not cheaper and generally low end. Thick latex ensures a more durable glove that is more resistant to wear and tear on artificial grass surfaces hence, an important criteria when it comes to the best goalkeeper gloves.
A neoprene backhand allows a goalkeeper to have a tighter fit to offer more natural movements. To enhance punching ability, the backhand often features embossed latex or silicon elements. For aeration, it incorporates an air-vent system.
This is essentially the closing mechanism of the best goalkeeper gloves. The most common way of securing a glove is a Velcro wrist strap and an elastic wrist cuff. The characteristics of the wrist strap a goalie chooses are based on personal likes.
Straps may be elastic or non-elastic and either half-wrap, full-wrap or double-wrap around the wrist. Double-strapped wrists, for example, offer a more customized fit but on the other hand, can feel restrictive and too tight for some goalie’s liking.
Are you more of a hockey person? Not to worry, we’ve made a detailed review of the best hockey gloves as well.
Last update on 2021-08-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API